This website is run by Maiden Newton Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording for example, please use the details below to request:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this websiteEnforcement procedure
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the clerk:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Clerk, Michele Harding
Post: C/o West Elworth Farm, Portesham, Weymouth, Dorset DT3 4HF
Call: 07814 016971
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Maiden Newton Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- There may be pages with read more / click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)
- There may be some pages where HTML isn’t perfectly formed, such as stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
- Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them isn’t available to people using a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
- We plan to add text alternatives for all images by September 2020. When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement. The tests were carried out by Vision ICT Ltd.
This statement was prepared January 2020.